If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The price of this recipe simply depends on where you shop. But it really does taste far better if your veggies are fresh from the farmer's market. And of course, fresh tortillas make the best this! I made this vegan, using Trader Joe's soyrizo and Tofutti sour cream, but I'm sure you can use meat and dairy with equivalent results! Make sure to use Mexican chorizo and not Spanish chorizo-- there is a big difference in texture and taste. - clintonhillbilly
- 2 Yellow onions, sliced
- 1 pound Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound Yukon hold potatoes, diced
- 2 cups Romaine, sliced or torn
- 1 packet Soyrizo or 1 pound chorizo
- Olive oil
- Sour cream, vegan or regular
- 24 Tortillas, taco size
- Gently sautée onions in olive oil for at least half an hour until they are dark and sweet. Remove from pan.
- Add more olive oil to pan, and sautée diced potatoes until cooked through. Add mushrooms, soyrizo or chorizo, and lettuce and sautée until cooked through.
- Add salt to taste. Warm a tortilla and top with a couple of tablespoons of vegetables and chorizo and a dollop of sour cream.