If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipe after finding that so many "spiced nut" recipes either used a ton a sugar or a lot of fat (butter or oil). Because I use egg whites instead, the end product comes out not only very tasty - but healthier, too. Besides, the egg white makes a crisp shell on each like, almost like a candy coating. You can use any mix of nuts you like, and easily double or triple the recipe. - incrediblecrunchyflavor
Serves 3 cups
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Nuts and Coating
- 3 cups roasted, unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 egg white, beaten
- extra salt for sprinkling (I prefer highest-quality here.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. mix spices together well.
- Pour egg white over nuts and mix well to coat thoroughly.
- Add spice mixture to nuts gradually, mixing well each time to ensure even coating.
- Spread nuts on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with highest-quality salt, to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss, bake for another 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!