If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Extra fluffy buttermilk pancakes for that lazy Sunday morning. —CrepesofWrath
Makes 20 pancakes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flor
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- maple syrup, for serving
- Combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Separate your egg yolks into a large bowl and egg whites into a smaller bowl. Add your buttermilk, vanilla, and oil to the egg yolks and beat until combined. Beat the egg whites until foamy, then set aside.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisk until combined. Fold the foamy egg whites into the batter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter at a time onto a hot, greased griddle (usually over medium-high heat at first, then reduce to medium).
- Cook the pancakes until bubbling on one side, then flip and cook until fluffy and firm, about 2 minutes. Drizzle maple syrup over a big ol’ stack of pancakes and enjoy!
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
This queso is nuts.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Get your shine on.