If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making variations of this recipe for years. It's light and fresh, a perfect springtime hors-d'oeuvre. The unwavering ingredient in the rolls is fennel. Its crisp texture and cool anise-y flavor offset the supple prosciutto and soft greens. Be sure to give a good whisk to the oil to lightly infuse it with the crushed garlic clove. —TasteFood
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed with the blade of a knife
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 prosciutto slices, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, fronds trimmed, halved lengthwise, each half thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces Parmigiano cheese, shaved
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn if large
- Whisk oil, garlic, zest and pepper in a small bowl with several strokes to infuse the oil with the garlic.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on a work surface, short end closest to you. Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Arrange 6 to 8 arugula leaves at the base. Place a few slices of fennel and Parmigiano shavings over the arugula. Top with a few pieces of mint. Roll up from the base, tucking the prosciutto tightly around the vegetables. Continue to roll, placing 1 or 2 additional arugula leaves in the fold as you roll up. Place seam side down on a platter.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.