If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's simply nothing like a crumbly and flaky, melt in your mouth pastry crust. Kerrygold Irish butter is the butter I grew up on in Ireland so it's only natural that I continue to use it. I urge you to try thus creamy golden butter and taste the difference in your crusts. —Rachel Gaffney
- 6 tablespoons Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons Iced water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, whirl together flour and salt. Add butter, pulsing until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add water 1 teaspoon at a time, process just until dough clumps together and begins to form a ball.
- Flour your surface and roll out into .
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place rolled pastry on top.
Sticky Fennel & Apple Filling
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled & chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- Heat the sugar and water together in a saucepan.
- Once the sugar is dissolved , stir in the fennel and apple. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer until softened. Stir in cornstarch.
- Spoon mixture onto rolled out dough. Slowly draw the pastry towards the center of the mixture
- Bake in pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.