Author Notes: This cocktail is a spicy, tart, and tangy mixture of ginger beer, cranberry-lime syrup, and sparkling wine. Serve it in your fanciest champagne flutes! - lisadinnerparty
Serves about 8 people
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 limes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup cranberries, washed and picked over
- In a small pot, combine the sugar and water. Stir until combined. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the limes and cranberries. Simmer until the mixture reaches a boil, stirring occasionally. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the syrup stand for 30 minutes, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the berries and limes (you can discard them). The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 750 milliliters bottle Reed's ginger beer, chilled (or, 4 12 oz. bottles of your favorite ginger beer)
- 1 bottle prosecco or sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry-lime syrup (recipe above)
- Pour the ginger beer into a large punchbowl.
- Stir in the cranberry-lime syrup.
- Add the sparkling wine, stir to combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch