If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cocktail is a spicy, tart, and tangy mixture of ginger beer, cranberry-lime syrup, and sparkling wine. Serve it in your fanciest champagne flutes! —lisadinnerparty
Serves about 8 people
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 limes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup cranberries, washed and picked over
- In a small pot, combine the sugar and water. Stir until combined. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the limes and cranberries. Simmer until the mixture reaches a boil, stirring occasionally. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the syrup stand for 30 minutes, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the berries and limes (you can discard them). The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 750 milliliters bottle Reed's ginger beer, chilled (or, 4 12 oz. bottles of your favorite ginger beer)
- 1 bottle prosecco or sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry-lime syrup (recipe above)
- Pour the ginger beer into a large punchbowl.
- Stir in the cranberry-lime syrup.
- Add the sparkling wine, stir to combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.