Author Notes: A savory recipe with a touch of sweet, these mushroom and fennel crepes have a creamy sauce and are perfect with a salad on the side. - Jessicablue!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Add ingredients in the order listed, beating together eggs and flour with a whisk or in mixer.
- Slowly add in water so mixture is smooth. Add in sugar and salt and then mix in the melted butter, ensuring that batter is as smooth as possible.
- Heat skillet over medium low heat and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour out a small amount of batter and spread it around with a wooden spoon or spatula. You want the crepes to be thin.
- Lightly cook on each side. The crepe is ready to flip when the top starts to cook (similar to a pancake), and a spatula can slide under the crepe easily. Recipe makes 6-10 crepes depending on size made.
Mushroom and Fennel Sauce
- 1 cup Fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 cups Portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Saute fennel and mushrooms in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and flour and cook on medium heat until it comes to a light boil and then simmer for five minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Preheat oven to 350. Fill prepared crepes with ¼- 1/3 cup of mushroom and fennel sauce, spreading to within a half inch of the edge. Fold in half and then fold in half again again forming the crepe into a triangle.
- Place filled crepes on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Serve with salad and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel