If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A savory recipe with a touch of sweet, these mushroom and fennel crepes have a creamy sauce and are perfect with a salad on the side. —Jessicablue!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Add ingredients in the order listed, beating together eggs and flour with a whisk or in mixer.
- Slowly add in water so mixture is smooth. Add in sugar and salt and then mix in the melted butter, ensuring that batter is as smooth as possible.
- Heat skillet over medium low heat and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour out a small amount of batter and spread it around with a wooden spoon or spatula. You want the crepes to be thin.
- Lightly cook on each side. The crepe is ready to flip when the top starts to cook (similar to a pancake), and a spatula can slide under the crepe easily. Recipe makes 6-10 crepes depending on size made.
Mushroom and Fennel Sauce
- 1 cup Fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 cups Portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Saute fennel and mushrooms in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and flour and cook on medium heat until it comes to a light boil and then simmer for five minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Preheat oven to 350. Fill prepared crepes with ¼- 1/3 cup of mushroom and fennel sauce, spreading to within a half inch of the edge. Fold in half and then fold in half again again forming the crepe into a triangle.
- Place filled crepes on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Serve with salad and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
A Can-Do Soda
Endless possibilities of syrup, ice, seltzer, and cream
Italian soda is can-do.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
The best donuts—ever.
A better basket.