If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mild goat milk panna cotta infused with fennel and drizzled with a blood orange caramel sauce, wonderful as a dessert or an exotic salad topping. —Marie Lentz
Makes 3 small panna cotta
Fennel infused goat milk panna cotta
- 1 teaspoon Powdered gelatin
- 3/4 cup Goat milk (whole fat)
- 4 teaspoons Cold water
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Fennel seeds
- Place powdered gelatin in a small bowl and add water, allow the gelatin to bloom
- Toast the fennel seeds on a cookie sheet
- Place goat milk, cream, sugar, fennel seeds, and lemon zest in a pan. Cook on medium until sugar dissolves and small bubbles form at sides of the pan. Do not let boil.
- Turn off heat. Pour through fine sieve and return to pan.
- Add gelatin. Stir to dissolve.
- Pour into molds and chill until set.
Blood orange caramel
- 1/2 cup Blood orange juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light corn syrup
- Place orange juice, 1/4 cup water, and 2 tbs sugar into small pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is boiling.
- Remove from heat and cover
- Place remaining water, sugar, and corn syrup in large pot. Turn heat to medium and cover for 4 min.
- Remove cover and turn up heat. Watch as the sugar boils. You are waiting for the bubbles to become large and the color to change.
- Once the sugar turns golden brown swirl the pan to keep the heat evenly distributed. Don't overcook the caramel!
- If you have a candy thermometer you are looking for 345 degrees. Turn off heat and remove to non hot surface.
- Carefully pour in orange juice mixture. It might splatter so be careful!
- Stir to dissolve all the caramel. If needed reheat a little. Caramel will thicken as it cools.
- Drizzle over set panna cotta and rim of serving dish. Also great on ice-cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.