If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For the love of brownies and strawberries this summer treat has been created. What can I do if my guys always ask for chocolate brownie? How to adjust a good trusty brownie for spring or summer dessert? I added strawberry cream mousse and a meringue topping with some fresh strawberries and a drizzle of dark chocolate. Well, it was delicious!
Addition of meringue was a good decision too, not only did it make the cake look nice it also gave this lovely crunchy structure with soft airy centre. Of course, you could change strawberry to any other berry to your liking. Another interesting thing was to bake brownie without chocolate, actually. Only with cocoa powder. It absolutely worked and I would recommend doing so if you run out of chocolate or to minimize the cost also. Brownie recipe I adapted from ouichefnetwork.com - Olgalina
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cup strawberry puree
- 2 packets strawberry flavoured gelatin (x100g)
- 1 - 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup vanilla powdered sugar
- strawberries, melted chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- pinches salt
- 2 drops lemon juice
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Prepare brownie. Melt butter, sugar and cocoa, stirring occasionally until it is all well combined and hot. Set aside to cool down a little. Add vanilla, eggs and flour and stir until well combined.
- Pour the dough into 9 inch round spring form lined with baking paper and bake at 325 F during 28 minutes. Let it cool completely. Remove brownie from it's form, cover the form with cling film and return brownie into it.
- Prepare strawberry mousse. Blend strawberries to get 400ml purée. Whip cream with powdered sugar. Heat strawberry purée and add gelatine powder into it, stir well. Let it chill in the freezer during 7-10 minutes.
- Add gelatine mixture into cream and whip quickly just to incorporate. Pour this mousse onto brownie and set into the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Prepare meringue. Start beating egg whites with juice and salt until foamy. Add little by little all the sugar and starch and whip until stiff picks form. Preheat oven to 250F
- Draw 9 inch circle on baking paper, transfer whipped egg whites onto the circle and bake for an hour. Switch the oven off and leave meringue in the oven with the door slightly ajar.
- Atop already hardened mousse with meringue and decorate with strawberries and chocolate. Store this cake in the fridge.