If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love cereal, breakfast, lunch dinner or dessert it's one of my favorite meals. I often sub cereal for flour when I make a crumble, it's crunchy and delicious and makes a wonderful topping for your favorite fruit crumble. I used apples in this recipe but you can use the fruit of your choice, The crumble is made from Uncle Sam's cereal, it's whole wheat flakes and flax seed and has no added sugar. The topping is crunchy and delicious. I like to serve while warm with ice cream or cream. Add spice of your choice, this recipe is simple and open to interpretation but I do recommend using Uncle Sam's cereal. - sdebrango
Serves 4-6 (depends on serving size)
- 1 cup Uncle Sams Cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used grade B)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter + more to butter ramekins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 apples (I used granny smith) peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice or apple cider
- Pre heat oven to 375, butter the ramekins or baking dish
- Add Uncle Sam's, oats, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt to mixing bowl and mix with your fingers until combined. It will be chunky looking
- Distribute apples in ramekins or baking dish, add the crumble topping, pressing down as you add. (Be generous with the crumble) Drizzle a tablespoon of orange juice or apple cider on top of each.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, cream, creme fraiche or mascarpone. Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal