If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Raw cookie delight. The new way to enjoy your treats. This one is a nice combination of lemon and coconut with just the right amount of sweetness. Both flavors come through for a bright lemon flavor with a hint of coconut in this no bake cookie ball. They are gluten free (if using GF oats), refined sugar free, guilt free, vegan, nutrient dense, wholesome, no bake and so very good for your mind, body and spirit! A new way to have your just desserts. These are great in the morning, after a meal or whenever your craving something on the sweeter side. —Julie West @ The Simple Veganista
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup buckwheat grouts
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- juice of one lemon
- 7-8 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups shredded coconut, for rolling
- Place cashews, buckwheat groats and/or oats in food processor and blend until a medium to fine grind (doesn't have to be perfect). The buckwheat may stay a bit chunky so if your looking for a smooth center use all oats.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend until combined and you have a doughy consistency. If you find your dough is a bit too dry try adding fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Chill dough for about 20-30 minutes.
- Roll into 1 inch balls then roll in coconut flakes.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.