Author Notes: Christmas makes me think of dryied fruits and I make different kind of gifts with them. These are colourful and filled with fresh walnuts from my tree. Thanks to my husband's patience, I get the walnuts all open and split in halves. To prevent the walnuts from going rancid I always keep them in the freezer, they defrost very quickly and loose no flavour. As for the dried fruits I prefer dry figs, dry peaches or apricots, dry dates. To offer them as gifts I put them in celophane bags with a nice bow, the different fruit colours make a beautiful gift. - Babette's Feast
Serves for 1 gift bag
- 6 dry peaches or apricots
- 6 dry figs flatenned
- 6 dates
- 18 walnut halves
- 1/4 cup Port Wine
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten the dry figs so they are round and flat. Cut the stem.
- Cut all the fruit in half leaving one of the sides attached.
- Fill each fruit with half a walnut and put on baking tray.
- Brush the top of each fruit with some Port wine, bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before putting in the bags.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift