If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Christmas makes me think of dryied fruits and I make different kind of gifts with them. These are colourful and filled with fresh walnuts from my tree. Thanks to my husband's patience, I get the walnuts all open and split in halves. To prevent the walnuts from going rancid I always keep them in the freezer, they defrost very quickly and loose no flavour. As for the dried fruits I prefer dry figs, dry peaches or apricots, dry dates. To offer them as gifts I put them in celophane bags with a nice bow, the different fruit colours make a beautiful gift. - Babette's Feast
Serves for 1 gift bag
- 6 dry peaches or apricots
- 6 dry figs flatenned
- 6 dates
- 18 walnut halves
- 1/4 cup Port Wine
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten the dry figs so they are round and flat. Cut the stem.
- Cut all the fruit in half leaving one of the sides attached.
- Fill each fruit with half a walnut and put on baking tray.
- Brush the top of each fruit with some Port wine, bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before putting in the bags.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.