If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoky, creamy and just a little spicy, these flat-style enchiladas are one of my favorite dinners (or lunches. or breakfasts!) This recipe makes 1 stack of enchiladas, with lots of extra chipotle cream sauce for either more stacks, or to have on hand to slather on salads, sandwiches, soups or whatever you like the rest of the week. - Lara
- 7 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 3 corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 ounce shredded monterey jack cheese
- safflower oil for frying
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Puree the chipotle peppers with the adobo sauce in a blender with the yogurt until smooth. Thin about 1/2 cup of the chipotle cream with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to make a pourable sauce, and add salt to taste. Reserve the rest.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, fry one of the tortillas on both sides until lightly crisp and browned on the edges. Place the tortilla on an oven-proof plate and spoon some of the thinned chipotle cream all over. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the onions and shredded cheese. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. When the stack is complete, place in a 250F oven to lightly melt the cheese.
- While the plate is in the oven, fry the egg (sunny side or over easy, as you prefer). Remove the plate from the oven (careful, it will be hot!) and top with the egg, and sprinkle with the avocado, cilantro and a drizzle of the thicker chipotle cream.