If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made these waffles for my subscribers (cookingwithcsa.com) and they went crazy for them, good sign! These waffles are sweet with a little sour from the lemon. Like a muffin but little crispy from the coconut sugar. Oh and did we mention they are gluten free and vegan? SCORE! - Sarah Hagstrom
Makes 4 waffles
- 1.5 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1 cup Thick Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Poppy Seeds
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Milled Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Lemon Juiced
Strawberry Jam Topping
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries Defrosted
- 3 tablespoons Tbs Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Heat Waffle Iron.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients for Waffle Batter until smooth. Next pour 1/4 of the entire mix into the iron and cook according to waffle iron Directions. Repeat 3 more times.
- While Waffles are cooking, Place strawberries in small sauce pan on medium heat. Mash them with fork in pan as they heat. Next add Chia seeds and liquid sweetener of your choice. Next add vanilla. Cook for 5 minutes sauce should get think like jam. Remove from heat allow to thicken.
- Once waffles are finished topped with Strawberry Sauce! Optional Nuts and Coconut Butter
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.