If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This addictive sweet and salty mix combines the flavors of cinnamon caramel with the fun fall additions of candy corn, salted pecans and pretzels. It uses a seemingly unlikely ingredient, brown rice syrup, to ensure that there is enough syrup to fully coat all the cereal and pretzels while at the same time keeping it from being overly sweet. It can even be vegan and gluten-free if you want. - Couldn't Be Parve
Makes approximately 7 cups
- 6 cups corn chex
- 1 cup salted pecans
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 3/4 cup pretzel nuggets (if making the mix gluten-free use chopped gluten-free pretzels in place of the nuggets)
- Preheat the oven to 300. Place the chex and pecans in a large bowl. Combine the brown sugar, brown rice syrup, cinnamon, and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute and stir to combine. Microwave for two more minutes and stir again. Microwave for two more minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Pour the hot caramel over the chex and stir well until all the chex is coated.
- Spread the chex mix out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let cool. Once the chex mix is cool stir in the candy corn and pretzel nuggets. Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce