If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oats and potatoes are rather bland on their own, but when a little meat and onion are added, along with a spicy hot sauce on the table, this frittata like hash brown is extremely satisfying. - inpatskitchen
Makes 6 servings
- 3 medium potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 3/4 cup finely diced ham (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 medium green onions, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Additional sliced green onions for garnish
- Your favorite hot sauce for serving (I like Cholula)
- Shred the potatoes on the large holes of a box grater(or use a shredding disc for your food processor) and then place them in a tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine the potatoes, ham, oatmeal,green onion, eggs salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 12 inch non stick frying pan , add the potato/oatmeal mixture and spread it out evenly. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7 or 8 minutes until the bottom browns nicely.
- Invert the "cake" onto a platter and then slide it back in the pan. Continue to cook, covered again, for about 5 or 6 minutes until nicely browned on the bottom.
- Cut into wedges to serve garnished with a few green onions and as much hot sauce as you like for the "kick"!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal