If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are lovers of granola. My husband and daughter douse theirs each morning with Straus milk while I prefer mine with Straus plain yogurt. It's often snacked on between meals as well. This is our most recent favorite. I've found inspiration from Nigella Lawson and the guys at Baked Bakery and turn to their recipes time and again. —maryjo
Makes 1 1/4 pounds
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup sliced California almonds
- 2/3 cup Montmorency cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup local honey (buckwheat)
- 1/4 cup California Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix oats, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl
- In a small bowl mix the wet ingredients. Add to the oat mixture. Pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Adding almonds and flax meal during the last 10 minutes of baking. Granola shoud be golden when you remove it from the oven, it will continue to cook once out. When slightly cooled toss in cherries. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.