If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by my trip to Iceland where cream of asparagus soup was sold almost everywhere we visited. To read more about this recipe and my travels to Iceland, check out this blog post on my blog Baking Backwards: http://bit.ly/ZiC8nB - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 large bunch organic asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cups yeast-free vegetable stock
- 2 shallots
- 1/4 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp kelp flakes
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- handful fresh herbs: dill or basil or tarragon or sage or savory or thyme
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- Steam the cauliflower and asparagus until just tender. Add the steamed vegetables and all the other ingredients (except avocado) to a high speed blender and process until smooth. Add avocado if using. Blend until smooth. Taste! Adjust seasonings to your personal taste.
- My blender has a heating option so I simmered it in the blender for about 10 minutes before I served it. If your blender cannot heat up, pour the soup into a pot and heat it gently for 10 minutes before serving.