If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Sunday I go the the grocery store and pick out one ingredient to use in my bakery. I Challenge myself with fun interesting items. Quisp was one of my firsts,. I used the cereal in my favorite cookie, an adapted version of Martha Stewarts cakey chocolate chip cookie. Here is the original.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips —MollyMartin
Makes 15 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 7 ounces Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar divided
- 2 cups Quisp cereal
- 2 cups Mini marshmallows
- I cups Crispy bacon chopped finely in food processor
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Whiskey
- In a small sauté pan, take crispy bacon and the 1/4 cup dark brow sugar and store to coat until all sugar is dissolved and bacon well coated. Set aside .
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar and 1/4 dark brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, whiskey, vanilla and beat well. Add the bacon and marshmallows, mix to combine.
- In another bowl whisk flour, soda, and salt. Add dry mixture to mixing bowl and mix just until combined. Release the beater blade and gently stir in the Quisp cereal. It's okay if they crunch up a bit.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment. The marshmallows with make a mess of your pans if you don't. I use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scooper. Scoop cookies on sheet pan, no more than 12 per sheet. Before cookies go into oven I like to sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on the tops of each cookie! Gives it a nice sweet salty combo taste. I like my cookies underdone so I bake mine 8-10 minutes. Just until it is no longer raw but still very under done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
The science of soggy cereal, vegetables in space, and more
This weekend's reading.
Out of the park toppings.
It's time to travel.
Life's a beach.
Put cake on a pedestal.