If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate cupcake is nice and moist, very chocolatey, light, rose jam inside makes them even more intense in flavour and moist. You don't need to put much jam, as even little amount spreads through the entire centre of each cupcake. And then this heavenly vanilla rose buttercream. Everyone who tried them found them delicious - Olgalina
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups AP flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 0.35 ounces baking powder
- 0,5 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2-3 tablespoons rose jam + more for filling
- red and yellow food color
- Mix all dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, stir everything well in the end add boiling water and mix until you get no more lumps
- Preheat oven to 175C. Place square pieces of baking paper into each muffin tin (12). Divide the dough between them, don't fill them to the edge. Bake 18 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- Place egg whites and sugar into metal bowl over large pan with boiling water. Start whipping it until all the sugar is melted. It will take just a couple of minutes. Check the consistency with your fingers. It should be smooth. Set aside and continue whipping until you get stiff glossy peaks. probably around 10 minutes.
- Place your whipped egg whites into the fridge for a short while for them to bee cool before adding butter. Start whipping on medium speed and add 1 table spoon of soft butter at a time. Make sure it is all well incorporated. In the end add puréed jam. You could chill it in the fridge before frosting, if needed.
- Take out a small part (like 1 cm deep) out of the top (I use apple corer). Add some rose jam (does not have to be blended). Now frost cupcakes with buttercream. They are ready to be served!