Author Notes: What's more simple or satisfying than a roast chicken? Not much. This simple recipe is tasty, easy and unique. This is what you'll need: - HellaBitter
- 1 Whole Chicken - 2 or 3 lbs. Preferably farm raised
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Citrus Hella Bitters
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Squirt Sriracha or more to taste if you want it spicy
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- .5 teaspoons Minced Thyme Leaves
- In a metal bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well and taste to adjust salt and spice to your palate.
- Add chicken to the bowl and coat thoroughly, make sure to rub some marinade under the skin and into the cavity.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours covered in the fridge. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the chicken in saute pan or roasting pan and pop it in the oven for 50-60 minutes. It will be done when the skin is dark gold and crispy.
- Place on a cutting board let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy.