If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Corn flakes aren't just for breakfast! They add a crunch to the Crusted Pork Shnitzle.
A velvet cream sauce tops this luscious dish. —Marisa R
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 lg. egg
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 250 milliliters half & half cream (10%)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup washed, chopped leaks
- 1 cup chopped oyster mushroom (or any type)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 pork cutlets
- good quality vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Whisk egg + 1 tbsp water in a shallow dish like a pie plate. Place all of the cutlets in the plate. Using your hands toss to coat. Wash hands. Place cornflake crumbs, garlic powder, sesame seeds, salt & pepper to taste on a long piece of parchment/wax or butcher's paper. Mix to combine. Using tongs grasp one cutlet at a time and dip into crumb mixture to coat on both sides. Using the back of the tongs to press the mixture onto the pork. Continue until all are coated.
- Pour 1" of oil into a preheated large skillet pan on medium high heat. To test the oil, drop a pinch of crumbs into the oil. If it sizzles it is ready. Place one cutlet at a time into the pan, depending on the size of pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towel to absorb oil. Continue until all are cooked. Meanwhile place 2 tbsp of oil in a preheated small pot add leeks add salt to taste. Cook stirring to soften then add mushrooms and continue cooking for 1-2 min. Add the flour stir to combine, mixture will "soak" up oil. Continue to cook and stir for 1 min. Pour in the cream slowly, stirring constantly, then add mustard, pepper and taste for salt. Cook for 5-8 min. Do not allow to boil...keep it on a low simmer. Divide between the cutlets. Enjoy with love!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.