Author Notes: This recipe I adapted from smitten kitchen - ZombieCupcake
Makes 16 - 20
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1 cup Mixed nuts (I used pepitas, macadamian, and almonds)
- 1 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 2/3 cup Mix dried fruit (I used golden raisins, cherries and pomegranates)
- 1/2 cup Toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees line or grease a 9 X 13 pan.
- Mix oats, nuts and coconut together spread even on baking pan. Toast for about 10 - 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 300 degrees. Once toasted mix with the wheat germ and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- While still warm add honey, vanilla, and salt then add fruit folding until even thru out.
- Bake for approximately 25 - 30 minutes or till nicely browned. Cool for 2 - 3 hours cutting with a serrated knife.
- I like to wrap individual bars with aluminum foil and store in the fridge. Can also break apart into a bowl and serve with warm milk poured over.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut