If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently put this together in my kitchen for lunch because I'd discovered a new form of low-fat cream cheese at Walmart's grocery section and wondered what it would taste like--WOW!! The corn tortilla, the cooked onions, egg and hot sauce blend beautifully with the whipped cream cheese and is SO good, I usually have it for breakfast AND for lunch now! The brand is Green Mountain Farms Whipped Cream Cheese with Greek Yogurt: 3 times the protein and half the fat of regular cream cheese (2 TBSP serving) and now I can't wait to start creating recipes with it! This one is fairly simple, but the combination of flavors will startle you--my daughter went crazy for it and (if there's any cream cheese left) tomorrow I'll probably make it again! I serve it with a fresh, sliced mango with a little (Tapatio) hot sauce, or, you can also sprinkle a little chili powder on the fruit, which is how it's often eaten in Mexico. For a different flavor you can even cut the mango in small cubes, sprinkle it with chili powder and use it as a garnish to top of the amazing blend of flavors. - BeijingRose
- 2 CORN (not flour!) tortillas (El Milagro are best)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Green Mountain Whipped Cream Cheese with Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Black beans (cooked with onion and cumin)
- Tapatio hot sauce
- Mango (fresh, cut into 3 pieces)
- Garlic powder & white pepper, saltto ctaste
- Chop the onion and fry it cup in a small pan that's been sprayed with PAM, stirring until they start to turn brownish. Break two eggs over the top of the onions then break the yolks and spread them out over the c ooked onion. Sprinkle on the garlic, salt, and white pepper. Cook until done, then set aside in a warm plate on the stove..
- Spray another pan with PAM, then toast your CORN tortillas in a pan--remember to spray the top with PAM, then flip them over--this takes about 3 minutes. When they are golden on both sides, spread a TBSP of whipped cream cheese, then half the eggs with onions, and top with black beans and Tapatio hot sauce.
- Serve with mangoes: cut each "cheek" off, one on each side, Peel the skin off the middle piece (which contains the large flat seed--you can eat around the seed!), and sprinkle all the fruit with hot sauce or chili powder. Serve warm.