If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fairly quick adobo chicken and though the recipe is just for two, you can easily up the serving size. I served it with rice and a big, fresh salad and boiled red potatoes (Peruvians, including my hubby!, really love to have potatoes and rice at the same meal) and it makes a wonderful summer dinner--the gravy is even better (IMHO) the next day. It's all stove-top cooking, taking no more than 45 minutes at most and served with RED, not white, wine--red wine is in the sauce as well. - BeijingRose
- 2 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons aji panca paste (red Peruvian pepper, mildly hot) or Chili Powder to substitute
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Put your rice in the steamer, and rinse the red potatoes (6) and put them in boiling salt water to cook for 25 minutes. Rinse the chicken in cold water, cutting each breast into 3 pieces (for faster cooking) and pat dry. Heat the oil in the pot and fry the chicken until browned on the outside. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Lightly fry the onions and garlic in the oil from the chicken, then add the wine and spices, and just enough water to barely cover the chicken, pop on the lid and simmer on medium for 45 minutes. Stir .
- Mix a 1/2 cup wine and a little COLD water in a cup with 1 TBSP cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Add this to the pot and let it come to a boil, stirring gently. Cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes, then remove cover and let the adobo sit for another 5 minutes to finish thickening. Serve over rice with red potatoes and a fresh salad.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.