Author Notes: Growing up, my friend's mom, Annette, would make these cookies at Christmas. We had no problem eating an entire batch in one sitting. I recommend making multiple batches, but not doubling the recipe, because you need to form the wreaths while the mixture is hot. - Kelly Durkin Mirian
Makes 20-30 wreath cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups corn flakes ceral
- 60-90 red cinnamon candies or red m&ms
- Extra butter for forming wreaths
- Parchment paper
- Prep a work surface, countertop or table, with two or three large pieces of parchment paper, about 1-2 feet in length per piece.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows melt and mixture is syrupy. Turn off burner, stir in food coloring. Add corn flakes and until well coated.
- Portion hot cereal mixture using a buttered 1/4 cup measuring cup, onto the parchment paper. Using buttered fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths. Dot with red candies.
- NOTE: The mixture must be hot/warm to mold into wreaths, so work quickly to avoid one big green marshmallow treat.