If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy asparagus soup without the cream.....guilt free and delicious. - The Suburban Soapbox
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Small sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound Asparagus, chopped. Woody ends broken off and discarded
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups Low sodium chicken broth to vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Low fat Greek yogurt
- In a large pot, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add the onion and saute until soft. Add the asparagus and continue sauteing until they turn bright green. Add the garlic and thyme, cook for 2 minutes and then add the stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender. With an immersion blender, puree the mixture until all the asparagus is no longer in large pieces. Stir in the Greek yogurt and puree for one minute. Serve immediately. (Note: For the garnish, I sauteed some asparagus tips seperately and topped the soup before serving.)
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.