Author Notes: Inspired by long lunches on the mediterranean coast and Nicoise salad, here is my take on a tuna salad that isn't too creamy - but packed full of flavor. - aussiefoodie
- 8 ounces Canned tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup nicoise olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 Celery stick, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- Place the tuna in a bowl and break apart the chunks. Mix in the other ingredients, dress with mayonnaise, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve inside pita bread, on top of your favorite cracker or just by itself, and enjoy in the sun!