If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tangy, tart, crips vegetables tossed with green mango. Fresh citrus scent with just a hint of sweetness and spice.
Great authenic Vietnamese Salad —Marisa R
- 1 green unripe mango, peeled, cut and julienned
- 1/2 green or red pepper, seeded, julienned
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4" piece of english cucumber, skin on, washed, julienned
- 1/2 kohlrabi, peeled, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled, ends cut, julienned
- 1/2 pkg enooki mushrooms, root ends cut off, strands separated
- 1-2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 200 gr. pkg sweet potato cellophane noodles
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 6 radish, ends cut, washed and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 kefir lime leaves, found in an Asian grocery store in produce section
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped
- 2"-3" piece of ginger, peeled, slivered
- 1-3 teaspoons sriracha sauce (Asian Hot Sauce) to your taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil Drop in the noodles and turn off the heat. Stir to separate the noodles so they do not stick. Stirring occasionally to allow the noodles to completely soften approx. 5 min. Drain thoroughly so no water remains. Mix all of the vegetables, mango, sesame seed oil, and cilantro, season to taste. Set aside. In a small skillet toast the peanuts, shaking the pan over the burner to distribute the heat lightly browning the peanuts. Assembly: mix vegetables with noodles Dress with vinegrette, taste for salt seasoning and sprinkle with toasted peanuts.
- In a small pot combine all of the vinegrette ingredients together. Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar and turn off heat. Leave on burner to blend flavours. Bring to room temperature and pour 2-4 tbsp of the vinegrette over salad. This can be stored for months in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.