If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In 30 minutes, these no-bake, vegan candy bars can be yours to enjoy. The process is fairly straightforward and yields fabulous results. —Kristin Rosenau
Makes 1 dozen candy bars
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 12 (or more) whole almonds
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- In a food processor, process the shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and salt until it forms a thick paste, about 2 to 3 minutes. Test the coconut mixture to see if it holds together by squeezing a small amount in your palm. It should compact nicely. If the coconut is still too loose to hold together well, continue to process the coconut mixture for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Scoop the coconut mixture with a tablespoon and drop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silpat. Press each ball into a small rectangle, taking care to make sure the sides and top are compact. Press an almond on top of the coconut rectangles.
- Place the coconut rectangles in the freezer and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Once the coconut is frozen, melt the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Carefully skewer each frozen candy bar onto a toothpick and dip into the melted chocolate, tapping off any excess. Return the bar to the parchment or silpat and wait for the chocolate to dry before removing the toothpick. Since the coconut is frozen, this should only take about 30 seconds.
- Allow the coconut to thaw before serving. Store at room temperature in an airtight container; these should keep for several days.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.