If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With dill--a prominent flavor in Scandinavian cuisine--as her guide, Daytona Strong pairs green beans and mushrooms with a vinaigrette and adds almonds for crunch. An Outside Oslo original. - Daytona Strong
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 pound green beans
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Stir together vinegar, mustard, and salt in a small bowl until the ingredients are combined and the salt has dissolved. Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the olive oil and continue to whisk until emulsified. Gently stir in chopped dill. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Vinaigrette can be made several hours in advance.)
- Steam green beans until tender. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet, then add mushrooms and sauté until cooked but still al dente; season with a little bit of salt.
- Arrange green beans on a platter, and top with mushrooms. Scatter sliced almonds over the vegetables, and drizzle the vinaigrette on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.