If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a little patch with many herbs and others I pick in the forest behing my house. If you went in my cellar you would think I am crazy - I have all kinds of herbs and bay leaf hanging from the ceiling, not to mention my collection of spices and peppers. This is the olive oil I made with my very own Tuscan herbs dried at home. I suggest using small bottles for infused oils, more or less 250ml. - Maria Teresa Jorge
Makes 2 bottles of 250ml
- 500 milliliters Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 2 bay leaves - dry
- 10 coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1 small fresh garlic, green inside part removed
- To make the herb bundles: Measure the height of your bottle and make the bouquet more or less 3/4 of the height of the inside part. Make a little bouquet with one sprig of rosemary, 3 of thyme, 2 sage leaves with stem and one bay leaf with stem. Hold together at the bottom and wrap kitchen string 3 or 4 times around the area that has more leaves, leaving the dry stems below. Make sure the sage and bay leaf are secured. Make a tight knot. Cut the ends of the string and trim the bottom of the bouquet. So now you have the bouquet with a lot of leaves at the top and a very small stem which makes it much prettier because the bouquet sinks and you have the bouquet starting right from the bottom.
- Very gently push the bouquet through the bottle neck being careful not to crush the dry bay leaf. You will see that the bouquet kind of opens up inside the bottle due to the fact that the string is right at the base.
- Add half of each of the peppers and half the coriander seeds to each bottle, a garlic and fill with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Put the top on and allow to infuse for 2 weeks before using.
- Feel free to add or take herbs and spices to your liking. This is the typical Tuscan bouquet but the variety of infusions is as big as your immagination!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
Just Like Mom Used To Make
Easygoing banana bread.
Easygoing banana bread.
Pasta e Fagioli
DIY Herb Rub
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
Go play outside!