If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The light texture, crisp crunch, and slight nutty flavor from spelt flour makes these waffles most delectable! —AlexisA.B.
- 2 cups Organic white spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups organic milk
- 2 organic egg whites
- 1/3 cup trader joe coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat your waffle maker to desired temperature and have a ladel ready by its side. Meanwhile in a medium bowl put your egg whites and vanilla extract together. In a small heatproff bowl start melting your coconut oil.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl measure out your flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; give a quick stir just to settle all the dry ingredients together. Set aside
- 3. While your coconut oil is still melting, start beating your egg whites and vanilla extract mixture, until you reach stiff peaks! Once you reach your stiff peaks, measure out your milk and add to dry mixture; thouroughly mix and add in your coconut oil, thouroughly mix again. Finally gently and swiftly fold in your gorgeous whipped egg whites, once folded in start making some waffles!
- 4. Using your ladel make a medium thick circle in the middle of your waffle maker with your fluffy waffle batter. Usually takes 5-7 min. per waffle. Can be served with any topping or just a side of fruit with pure maple syrup, Bon Appetit!
What we turn to in the kitchen
13 essential cooking apps.
Paint your kitchen in one day.
We've got the summer blues.
How to cook with herb stems.
A better basket.