If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The warmth from the garlic and the acidity of the balsamic vinegar help bring out the sharpness of the parmesan, giving the broccoli a rich, robust quality. The crunch of the parmesan crust makes this dish hard to resist. Broccoli has never tasted this good! - Pooja Desai Patel
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 3 pieces of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive-oil
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- salt to taste
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave on high for five minutes. If you are using frozen broccoli, you can simply thaw it before using.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat and add garlic and crushed red pepper.
- When the garlic is fragrant and starting to turn ever so slightly golden (be cautious since garlic has a tendency to burn quickly), mix in the broccoli, salt, and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and grated Parmesan. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the cheese has created a crispy brown coating on the florets. That i€™s when you will know that it'€™s done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.