If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a sweet and spicy glazed chicken recipe, that is ritch and savory. The spice plays nicely off the sweetness of the syrup and the the tang from the vinegar. It is inspired by but modified from a "Malt Vinegar Glazed Chicken" in the September 2012 issue of BonAppetit Magazine - from Avec in Chicago. - Cassandra Hoagland
Serves 5 to 6
Maple Cider Vinegar Glaze
- 3/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 1 red chili - sliced into very thin strips
- 1 green chili - sliced into very thin strips
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 piece fresh ginger - peeled and roughly chopped
- In a small saucepan, add vinegar, syrup, and molasses. Whisk.
- Add in pepper flakes, Rosemary, chillies, pepper, and ginger. Whisk.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Strain and set aside. Save strainings.
- 4 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 2 pieces Bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- In a large pot, stir together sugar, salt, vinegar, thyme, and water until sugar dissolves.
- Place sauce in a large bowl. Add 2 cups cold water.
- Cut each breast in 1/2.
- Add chicken to sauce mixture.
- Marinate 2-3 hours. (Overnight is even better!)
- Pre-heat over to Bake and 400. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Drain chicken but do not rinse.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge chicken in cornmeal.
- Heat oil in a lage skillet and sear each piece of chicken on both sides.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Baste top with glaze and lightly add glaze strainings if desired.
- Roast about 6 minutes. Flip over.
- Baste fresh side with glaze and add strainings if desired.
- Roast another 6 minutes.
- Add remaining glaze and strainings and roast another 2-3 minutes.
- Let rest several minutes before serving with rice and fresh vegetable side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar