If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I remember eating this pie with a variety of berries and fruit growing up but this special spring rhubarb version was my favorite. I love rhubarb! Nothing more than a pie crust and 5 ingredients for this delicious cream pie. - thedabble
- 2 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 340F or 350F (my preference is 340F).
- Fill unbaked pie crust with chopped rhubarb.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch and cream.
- Mix well and pour over the rhubarb in the crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet just in case and bake for about an hour (mine at 340F was 50 minutes but past ovens took the full hour at 350F), until the center of the pie still jiggles slightly and the crust is golden.
- You might have to cover your pie crust with foil halfway through or later at 350F because the edge will burn before your pie is ready to come out so keep an eye on the crust
- Let the pie cool or my favorite for this pie, chill it in the fridge for about an hour then dive in.