If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have always shied away from making my own donuts because of the deep-frying involved (probably a smart choice given I am clumsy enough to have burned myself with porridge and fallen off a treadmill). But then I started seeing more and more recipes for baked donuts and I started thinking that maybe the way to donut success at home was to bake them.
But, some of the recipes I came across produced donuts that looked either very cakey or, in the case of recipes based on light enriched yeasted doughs, dry, neither of which I find appealing for a donut. It was when I was baking financiers that it occurred to me that the texture I was after might be easiest to achieve with a typical financier batter – a simple light batter containing no more than egg whites, sugar, flour and butter.
Makes 8 mini donuts or 4 regular donuts
- 2 egg whites
- 40g muscovado sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 60g butter, melted
- 80g fresh blueberries
- 10g butter, melted
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the egg whites together with the muscovado sugar and the pinch of salt until stiff and glossy.
- Add the flour, melted butter and blueberries to the bowl containing the beaten egg whites and carefully fold the flour, butter and berries into the egg white mixture being careful not to deflate it.
- Fill a pastry bag with batter and carefully pipe into your donut mould. Smooth the top of each mould with the back of a wet spoon (to stop the batter of sticking to the spoon).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the tops of the donuts are golden-brown in colour and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the donuts comes out clean.
- Let donuts cool in the mould for a couple of minutes and then carefully invert them onto a serving plate.
- Lastly, brush each donut all around with some of the extra melted butter and then carefully coat them with the extra sugar.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.