Author Notes: Here's a good recipe for both indoor and outdoor grilling. Here's hoping we can finally get outdoors sometime soon to crank up the heat! - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cups Greek yogurt (original)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 wood or metal skewers
- Cut chicken breast up into 1 inch cubes. Toss into a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, coriander, cayenne, dry mustard, paprika, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix everything to coat the chicken. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge when ready to cook. Because we're only using a grill pan, there's no real need to soak your wood skewers. If you're going to use the outdoor grill, make sure to soak the skewers ahead of time. Push 5-6 pieces of chicken on each skewer, and set aside on a plate until all pieces of chicken are on a skewer. Shake off excess marinade, but don't wipe it off. Discard all extra marinade.
- Crank up the grill pan/grill to medium high. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over pan. Drop the skewers down, cooking each side for about 4 minutes, 12-15 minutes total. Let it sit on each side - don't move it around! This helps develop a nice crust and flavor. Just pull a piece off the skewer to test if it's cooked through.