Author Notes: About halfway between Memorial Day and Labor Day I start to get tired of my usual burgers, hot dogs, and chicken. The gaminess of lamb imparted with the smoke of a BBQ is a great change from the usual. I pair these moist lamb burgers with a minty yogurt sauce reminiscent of Greek or Middle Eastern lamb dishes, but you could always top with your go-to favorites! They also make fantastic sliders if you're cooking for a group or just cutting down on the meat! - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 4 brioche burger buns or 8 slider buns
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Combine the lamb, garlic, shallot, salt, Worchestershire, tomato paste, and half the mint together in a bowl. Mix together with a fork, being careful not to over mix the meat. Form into burgers or sliders without compressing the meat too much. Grill to your desired doneness, for medium rare I usually do 3 minutes on the first side and an additional minute on the second side.
- Combine the rest of the mint and the parsley with the yogurt and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto the burger (on a bun) and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue