If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Now that the first corn is starting to appear at the markets, it's pretty much all I can think about, all the time. The flavors are so magically summery: sweet, herbacious, charred, creamy. And it's super easy. My only advice: make a lot. - lisina
Food52 Review: This is a fast and simple way to make corn truly sing. The basil adds a delightful brightness to the sweet corn, and it plays perfectly with the traditional butter and salt additions. Grilling the corn takes the most time, which was only about 6 minutes. The basil butter is a keeper -- and it's a good thing, because there is a lot of it left over. I would definitely make this recipe again. - figgypudding
Serves 4 to 8
- 8 ears of corn, shucked
- Olive oil
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium hot.
- Roll corn in a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. When grill is hot, add corn and close the lid. Rotate the corn a few times, until some of the kernels are blistered and the rest a bright and shiny yellow. This shouldn't take longer than 8 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, or the corn will be dry.
- Meanwhile, add the butter, basil, and salt to a food processer and let it rip. You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice. When the basil is finely chopped and the butter has a light green tint, it's done.
- When the corn comes off the grill, slather it with the basil butter. Sprinkle with a little more salt if desired. Eat immediately.
- Note: basil butter can be made ahead and extra basil butter will keep for about a week or two in the fridge. You can roll it into a log with plastic wrap and slice it off as you need it. It's AMAZING on toast.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking