Author Notes: On a hot sunny day, there is nothing like a spoonful of spice and tropical flavors. This glaze just loves chicken wings, but it also works wonderfully with pork chops, pork tenderloin and salmon. - QueenSashy
Spicy Pineapple Glaze
- 12 ounces pineapple preserve
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or according to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or according to your heat preference)
- 2 1/2-3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- If you are using chunky preserve, process it in a blender until smooth. In a saucepan over medium heat cook the preserve until it begins to melt, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining glaze ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Oil the grill grates with high-smoke point oil. Heat the grill to medium. (Alternatively, preheat the broiler.)
- Season the wings on both sides with salt. Reserve half of the glaze. Brush the wings with the remaining glaze and place on the grill or under the broiler (and not too close to the broiler, otherwise they will burn). Grill/broil the wings about 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until skin is crisp and juices run clear. Brush the wings with the remaining glaze and grill for another 5 minutes, turning once. Serve warm.