Author Notes: This recipe is very simple to make, but takes a bit of planning, for the marination. It's best to allow it to marinate for 1 month, but if you're short on time, one week will do! - Mariya
Makes 6 servings
- 1.5 cups fresh strawberries
- 1.5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1.5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1.5 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups pomegranate liqueur
- In a pretty gift jar, layer fruit. In between each layer, sprinkle sugar.
- Add liqueur (to fill the jar completely) and allow to marinate for at least one week (in a cool place). Shake the bottle from time to time.
- Enjoy on its own, with yogurt, ice cream, as a cookie/cake topping, with beef, veal, or poultry, or as a flavoring agent to black coffee!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift