If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simply delicious and a great crockpot recipe! - mtlabor
- 2.5 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 small avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- soft tortillas
- mexican cheese blend
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- Place first 7 ingredients in crock pot (yep, CROCKPOT!) and heat on low for 7-8 hours. Pork should be falling apart as you touch it, so shredding should be a breeze. Salt and pepper to taste and let simmer on warm while you prep the toppings.
- Everything else requires pretty much no actual "cooking", but is crucial to the flavors of the taco.
- The avocado cream is just heavenly, and so simple! In a food processor, combine the avocados, sour cream, juice from 1/2 of the lime (I used the other half of the lime juice to add a little zing to the pork, but that's optional), and cilantro. Process on low for about 30 seconds and voila... avocado cream.
- All of the other toppings should be self explanatory and you could even improvise and put whatever you'd like on there!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roasted Pork Shoulder