If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies bake up gorgeously, with a crackled top and chewy interior. They are delicious as is or with a handful of dried cherries stirred in with the chocolate and coconut. - Sarah | strawberryplum
Food52 Review: Wow. These cookies were a revelation in subtle taste experience. Having never baked with almond butter before, I was not prepared for the quiet sophistication of the flavor and texture it provided. The coconut was also very subtle, yet added a crunch and flavor note that was very pleasing. The cookies were wonderful just out of the oven and, in the name of testing, some actually made it to the next day where their deliciousness was proved once again. We will be making these over and over -- I can already think of all kinds of additions and variations I want to try. - lmikkel
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (or 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, almond butter, and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, then beat until well incorporated. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed butters and sugars and mix on a low speed until just combined. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Make 1-inch balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons) and place on prepared baking sheets. These are pretty big cookies -- don’t crowd them. I baked just 6 per pan. Bake until lightly golden around the edges but still quite soft in the center, 12 to 14 minutes. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Serve with ice cold milk.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.