If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This great raspberry ice cream gets its silky rich texture from coconut cream. This sweet and delicious ice cream flavor is fruit-sweetened, gluten free and vegan. It requires no ice cream machine to prepare but you could make it in an ice cream maker if you prefer. —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 very small can of coconut milk, chilled in fridge
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dashes sea salt
- 11 small pitted Sayer dates (I use Parnoosh honey dates), or 5-6 large pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- squeeze of organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 package frozen raspberries, about 220g ( I like Stahlbush Farms)
- Reserve 2 tbsp of frozen raspberries in a bowl. In a food processor, pulse then blend bananas, the rest of the raspberries, dates, vanilla, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder, lemon and chia together until smooth and mixture resembles soft serve, scraping down the sides with a spoon occasionally. Do not shake the can of coconut milk before opening. Open and scoop out thick cream from the top and add to banana mixture.
- DO NOT ADD THE COCONUT WATER AT THE BOTTOM. Puree until smooth. Add reserved berries and pulse once. Add extra tsp baking soda and puree until smooth. Pour into a plastic tupperware container and seal it. Freeze 1 hour. Put back into food processor and blend until smooth again. Scrape back into tupperware, seal and freeze another 2 hours or longer. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.