If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am an absolute coconut addict...especially toasted coconut. I love the aroma and the crisp texture of toasted coconut and am always finding new ways to incorporate it into my daily meals. I was craving roasted summer veggies so I roasted what I had on hand and added it to a bowl of lacinato kale. The dressing is what makes the salad...crisp, buttery toasted coconut, creamy coconut milk yogurt, dijon mustard, and a touch of honey come together for the best dressing on the face of the planet. I tossed the salad while the veggies were still warm..OMG. If you are vegan, you could always substitute maple syrup or coconut nectar in place of the honey :) —misschels
For the salad
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 large zucchini squash, roughly chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 4ths
- 1 splash of extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 pinch each of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, totaste
- 1 bunch of lacinato kale, ribs removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- For the coconut, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the coconut out evenly over the baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the coconut is lightly golden. Pour the coconut into a bowl and set aside. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the toasted coconut for the dressing.
- Bump the temperature up to 400 degrees F.
- Place the veggies on the baking sheet and toss with the extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and sizzling.
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl, add the roasted veggies (you can cool them slightly if you want), and the toasted coconut.
For the dressing
- 6 ounces container of So Delicious plain, Greek style coconut milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 small tangerine, juiced
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut (reserved from the salad ingredients)
- For the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of the dressing to the salad and toss everything together to evenly coat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.