If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this cake all the time, it's a family favorite requested for birthdays and special occasions. I use my recipe for Tender Yellow Cake (I provided the link below) and adapted my favorite whipped cream frosting recipe to include coconut cream and cover the entire cake with shredded or flaked coconut. The cake is light and moist and the whipped cream icing with the coconut cream is heavenly. I lightly scent the whipped cream icing with some lime zest, the cake is both filled and frosted with the whipped cream icing.. - sdebrango
Makes 9 inch cake
- Your favorite yellow cake recipe or http://food52.com/recipes/11618-tender-yellow-cake
- Coconut whipped cream Icing
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 2.5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (refrigerate full fat coconut milk and scrape the cream off the top it separates when refrigerated)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- shredded or flaked sweetened coconut to cover the cake I find that it takes about 2 cups approximately
- Place metal bowl and wire whisk beater or beaters in freezer to chill. In a small saucepan combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch whisk until mixed. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream whisk until smooth. Place on medium heat and stir constantly to prevent scorching at the bottom stir constantly until mixture thickens and almost comes to a boil. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and set aside stirring occasionally until it reaches room temperature. In the chilled bowl combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, coconut cream,lime zest and the vanilla beat with the chilled whisk of your stand mixer or your hand held mixer until the cream begins to hold shape. While still beating add the powdered sugar mixture a little at a time. Beat just until the mixture forms stiff peaks when the beater is raised and is spreadable, be careful not to over beat. Use immediately.
- Fill and frost your cake with the whipped cream icing and generously cover the entire cake with the shredded or flaked coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.