If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A refreshing way to get your caffeine fix this summer with this coconut latte. By paring cold brew coffee with coconut water, this latte is light and smooth with deep flavors. Add a raw sugar syrup to make it a truly decadent treat. —Heather Strain
Makes 2ish cups concentrate
Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 1/2 cups Lavazza Rossa espresso (So far, this one is the best)
- 3 1/2 cups filtered room temperature water
- Mix the coffee and water in a large, wide mouth jug. DO NOT put in a carafe, I made that mistake thinking oh yes that should work and it was a nightmare getting the coffee in and out of the narrow bit.
- Leave it on the counter covered for 24 hours.
- Strain with either a filter or fine mesh strainer. Don’t pour the sludgy coffee grounds in the strainer. It will drip out slowly of the filter so it’s good to have it rest on the bowl/jug/what-ever-you’re-putting-it-in-to.
- Now you can put it in a lovely carafe in the fridge to chill.
Making Cocolatte Magic
- 4 ounces iced coffee
- 3 ounces coconut water
- 1 ounce semi-skim milk
- Mix together. If it's 5 o'clock add 1 ounce each of Kahlua, Bailys, and Coconut Rum blend with ice and reduce the coconut water and milk to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.