If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditional Thai style sticky rice with coconut milk, Khao Niaow Moon, with mangoes. My grandmother recipe with measurements! My grandmother who's used to own a dessert catering business in Songkhla, Thailand, who never own a set of measuring spoons or cups taught me how to make this. - The High Heel Gourmet
- 1/2 cup Sticky Rice
- 1/3 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Organic granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 Yellow Mangoes
- 1) Soak the sticky rice at least 3 hours or over night
- 2) Cook the sticky rice by steaming for 20 minutes, turn the top over once after 10 minutes
- 3) While the rice is cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients together and microwave them for 30 seconds to one minute, but don’t let it boil. This is just to melt the granulated sugar and bring the mixture to a slightly warmer temperature. Don’t let the temperature pass over 120 degrees. It will make the grains of sticky rice too swollen and mushy and not as pretty. Leave it at room temperature and wait for the rice to be cooked. You need to do this BEFORE the sticky rice is cooked.
- 4) As SOON as the sticky rice is cooked, put it all in a bowl and pour the coconut milk mixture over it RIGHT AWAY. Stir until the sticky rice is all coated with the coconut milk mixture, then cover and let the sticky rice grains absorb the coconut milk. Leave it for 20 minutes. Don’t worry if it looks soupy at first. It should be. The coconut milk will be absorbed and dry afterward.
- 5) While you are waiting for the sticky rice to absorb the coconut milk, peel and cut the mangoes. Once the sticky rice is ready, serve them with mangoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.